2012年3月17日土曜日

Write your Blog in English

 This document recommends that we write our blogs, Facebook or Twitter in English. The objectives are to increase readability of social medias, to develop our English ability, to improve logical thinking and clarity of composition.
BACKGROUND
I have written my blog in Japanese for a few years. As a result, people who are not Japanese cannot access it. Also, it didn’t help to improve my English skill, although it improved my Japanese skill. Lastly, we should practice how to give our opinion logically, and simply, in order to communicate well with people who have different backgrounds than ours.

BASIS
1.       Writing blogs in English will enable people around the world to read it.
I have friends in China, Korea, Vietnam, and other countries. However, if my blog is written in Japanese, they cannot read it. I noticed this fact when I traveled in Vietnam because I could not understand anything that was written in Vietnamese. Actually, the audience of my blog is mostly from Japan, but there are also a few readers from the United States, Russia, Germany, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Australia, Singapore, and other regions. I wonder whether they have been able to understand it because it is written in Japanese. In addition, I think my blog has very similar features to our business cards. If I have opportunities to work with people from different countries, the blog will provide some information about me. That’s why I think that blogs should be readable to everyone all over the world.

2.      Writing blogs in English will develop our English ability.
The only way to improve our English skill is to practice. I need to develop my English skill as quickly as possible, so that I will be able to survive in my new company. In order to achieve that, I write in English, and have my English composition corrected by native speakers.

3.      Writing blogs in English will improve logical thinking and the clarity of composition.
I have to make my sentence simple when I write my thoughts down in English because of my limited vocabulary and grammar knowledge. I cannot pretend, in English, that my composition is something valuable, in the same way I did by using difficult words and good expression in Japanese. Writing in English is good training for us to give our thoughts concisely.

DISCUSSION
1.       The lack of ability is not a reason to hesitate. I do hesitate more than you to show my English composition to everyone, because I know my English is awful. However, these kinds of pressure are very effective to help us improve our English skill. 

NEXT STEP
1.       Write your blog, Facebook, twitter in English.
2.      Have your English composition corrected by native speakers. You can access English schools, friends and other websites.




2 件のコメント:

  1. You are right. Speaking english is best way to communicate with foreigner. We try to study and do our best!! BRS, Sato

    返信削除